1. Information Collected By Curupira.Curupira gathers the following types of information:
Information You Directly and Voluntarily Provide to Us.We collect Personal Identifiers and Other Personal Information (as defined below) (collectively, “Personal Information”) voluntarily provided by you through the Site.
- Personal Identifiers. A “Personal Identifier” is information that can be used to identify and/or contact a natural person and includes name, address, birth date, gender telephone number, email address, or nationality. Personal Identifiers are collected when you create a user account, place an order through the Site, or when you communicate with any of our departments such as customer service, sales or technical services through the Site, telephone, mail or fax.
- Other Personal Information. “Other Personal Information” is information combined with Personal Identifiers voluntarily provided by users of the Site that may include: (a) geographic information; (b) purchase history; (c) corporate identity; (d) employer; (e) correspondence sent to us through the Site; (f) eating habits; (g) car mileage per week; (h) frequency of air travel; or (i) number of people living in your household.
Information That We Automatically Collect From Your Computer.We (or service providers on our behalf) may automatically collect information from you using “cookies” or “Web beacons”. Web beacons are web page elements that can recognize certain types of information on your computer such as cookies and the time and date of a page viewed. Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your computer’s Internet browser and that are accessed and recorded by the websites that you visit, as well as by the companies that place advertising on websites, so that they can recognize the same browser navigating online at a later time.
Information collected by cookies and Web beacons may include, without limitation:
- the pages you visit within the Site;
- the date and time of your visit to the Site;
- the websites you visit before or after visiting the Site;
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet;
- your computer and connection information such as your browser type and version, operating system and platform;
- whether you open and whether you click on any link contained in an email message that we send you; and/or
- your purchase history.
We may use data gathered automatically from your computer to help us recognize you as a previous visitor to the Site, to serve relevant online advertising to you or to analyze trends and statistics to improve you experience of the Site. You can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when you are sent a cookie. You can also purchase and download software that will allow you to visit the Site without providing the information gathered by cookies. You are welcome to use the Site if you use such software, but your experience while visiting the Site may not be optimal.
Information That Third Parties May Automatically Collect From You.
In the event that the Site contains any advertising, such advertising may include cookies or Web beacons from unaffiliated third parties which may serve you with relevant online advertising and/or monitor the performance of online advertising. We will not disclose your Personal Information to any unaffiliated third parties in connection with online advertising.
2. Use of Information Collected By Us.
We use the information described above to process and fulfill any orders you place through the Site, including to send you emails to confirm your order status, to communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone or text message or other means about our products, services and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications. We may also use this information to help us develop and improve Curupira, our Site, and to tailor our Site to your interests.
Third Party Transaction-Level Data.If you visit the Site from a third-party website the third-party website may be able to access select information from your individual transaction information. In order to track and credit your transaction the third-party website may give you a unique code, cookie or graphic which will uniquely identify you. This will only happen if you link directly from a third party website to the Site. Any transactions made at the Site while such a code is active will be reported back to the third party website. We will only report non-Personal Information to these websites such as the date of the transaction, the product(s) purchased and the amount spent. We will not report any information to these third party websites that will allow them to personally identify you. The presence of a third party navigation bar at the top of any page on the Site is an indication that the third party website may be able to see your activity on the Site.
Links to Third Party Sites.The Site contains certain links to third party websites. We are not responsible or liable for the privacy practices or content found on these websites. We recommend that you check the privacy notice of each website you visit. Links to third party websites are provided solely for your convenience and any submission of data to such websites shall be at your sole risk.
Law Enforcement and Protection of Users.To the extent permitted by law, we will disclose Personal Information to government authorities or third parties pursuant to a legal request, subpoena or other legal process. We may also use or disclose your information as permitted by law to perform charge verifications, report or collect debts owed, fight fraud or protect our rights or property as well as those of our affiliates or customers. You should be aware that, following disclosure to any third party, your Personal Information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
5. Security.We use appropriate security measures to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of your Personal Information. No computer system is fully secure, however, and there are inherent risks associated with Internet transactions. To make sure your Internet browser is using the latest security features, you may want to download the most recent version of it, which should have full Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) support.
6. Corrections/Information Removal/Opt-Out.If your name, e-mail or postal address, telephone number or other Personal Information changes, you may update, correct or omit the relevant information by contacting us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]. In addition, if you no longer wish to receive communications from us you may opt-out by emailing us at [email@example.com], sending a letter to: [rua Salvador, 143 – Joinville – SC – 89204-353 - Brazil] or by clicking on the unsubscribe link within any marketing e-mail you receive from us.
8. Business Transfer.In the event that Curupira is sold, has its assets acquired or transferred, whether voluntarily or involuntarily, or merges or becomes affiliated with any other division, individual or entity, any customer information owned or under the control of Curupira may be one of the transferred assets. We reserve the right, as part of such transaction, to transfer or assign the Personal Information and aggregate information we have collected from users of the Site.
9. Limitations On Liability.IN NO EVENT WILL Curupira OR ITS PARENT, AFFILIATES, LICENSEES OR ANY PARTY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DELIVERING THE SITE OR ITS PRODUCTS OR SERVICES BE LIABLE IN ANY MANNER WHATSOEVER FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS, USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY FAILURE OR PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE (INCLUDING LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR DATA, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, AND DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM INACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION OR INCONVENIENCE, DELAY, OR LOSS OF THE USE OF THE SITE). THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS APPLY WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS, EVEN IF Curupira OR ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
10. Information Used Outside of the Country Where You are Located.By using the Site, you hereby consent to the collection, transfer, storage, processing, and other use of your Personal Information. You acknowledge that your Personal Information and other information may be subject to the privacy and data protection laws and regulations of foreign countries, which may not be equivalent to such laws and regulations in the country where you are located.